Monday 30 December 2013

2013 IN A BLOGPOST


I still find it hard to believe 2013 has come to an end, and now we face a new year, 2014. Why is it the best times in our life whizz by?

I don't really know what to say other than what an amazing year 2013 has been. I could've had ten times as many pictures above, but I thought picking my favourite moments and photos would seem a bit more sensible. I had a good look through my photo folders from this year and attempted to piece together a small collage worth summing up this year.

2013 has been amazing because not only did I start blogging (which brings all of you lovely people here) but I went abroad for the second time in my life, to St.Lucia. It was one of the most spectacular holidays ever, and I'm so grateful for being taken there by my wonderful Mum. Yes, it was scary flying over the Atlantic ocean to the Caribbean and tackling the airports without Dad, but after the experience I feel a lot more confident than I have ever been. Experiencing a third-world country was such a contrast to what I'm used to, but meeting the people there was a real privilege. The hotel was so brochure-like it didn't seem real; a pool with swim up bar, open air restaurant and lounge, tropical gardens and the beach. I can now proudly say I have also been above and beneath the famous mountains called Pitons, trekked through a tropical rainforest and sped alongside dolphins. It is something I'll never forget.

This year I've been to some great parties with friends as well as making new friends, travelling with my closest friend to the beach and shopping, I've been to several shows, went horse riding for the first time and spent time with my Australian family who I only see every few years. It was also my sixteenth birthday, which was good fun. Christmas too was brilliant, and I love and am very grateful for everything I received.

Something else I feel should be mentioned is that I have over 14,000 amazing followers on Instagram in just over a year. To me this is still unbelievable and I can't thank any of them enough for supporting me and even viewing/following this blog. Lots of love to you all!

I have some good ideas for 2014 blogposts, hopefully making them quite creative, and I am already in the process of writing one called 'Your Time' which will hopefully be published on Friday. I would love to write weekly posts in 2014, but unfortunately I have upcoming GCSEs which sadly take priority. I will do my best to write as often as I can, but once they're all over I'll be back to regular posting.

I would like to end this post with some New Year's resolutions, but let's be honest, when have we ever carried them out successfully? All I can say is that I plan to work hard and achieve the best grades possible and perhaps meat a milestone on my blog...you never know! I hope that 2014 will too be a good year for you and there will be many adventures to come.

4 comments:

  1. looks like you had a great year! :D

    www.amiciarai.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did thank you! Hope yours was good too! :)

      Delete
  2. Just discovered your blog! Can't wait to read your future posts! xxx

    http://livinglynsey.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete